The Ascension of the Lord (B) Year of Mark
Acts 1:1-11; Eph 4:1-13; Mk 16:15-20
Please note: this service will be supported by music from a small ensemble and organ. Congregational singing is not permitted, and congregants will need to wear masks, in accordance with COVID restrictions.
- Introit: Men of Galilee, why are you gazing in astonishment at the sky?…
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina), Missa de Angelis (Mass VIII)
- Motet: O Rex gloriae* (Marenzio)
- Communio: Signa eos qui in me credunt, haec sequentur… These signs will acompany those who believe: they will cast out demons, and when they lay their hands upon the sick, these will recover. Alleluia!
- Organ Prelude: The Majesty of Christ – Olivier Messiaen (1908-1992)
- Organ Voluntary: Grand choeur pour l’Ascension – Adolph Marty (1865-1942)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
O Rex gloriae, Domine virtutum,
qui triumphator hodie super omnes coelos ascendisti;
ne derelinquas nos orphanos,
sed mitte promissum Patris in nos,
O King of glory, Lord of all power,
Who ascended to heaven on this day triumphant over all;
Do not leave us as orphans,
But send us the Father’s promise,
The spirit of truth.