13th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
1 Kg 19:16, 19-21; Gal 5:1, 13-18; Lk 9:51-62 I will follow you wherever you will go
- Asperges: (Filipe de Magalhães)
- Mass setting: Mass in F (H. Sumsion)
- Motet: Sicut cervus* (Palestrina)
- Communio: (Gregorian, PS 30) Inclina aurem tuam, accelera ut eruas nos Lend your ear and make haste to help us
- Hymns: Baptised in water BUNESSAN; Dear Father, Lord of humankind REPTON; This is my will, my one command SUANTRAI
- Organ Prelude: Prelude in ‘A’ Op.156, No. 10 – Gustav Merkel (1827-1885)
- Organ Voluntary: Passacaglia in ‘g’ – Georg Frideric Handel (1685-1759)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Sicut cervus desiderat ad fontes aquarum, ita desiderat anima mea ad te, Deus
As the deer longs for running streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.
Organist: Brett McKern
Sutherland Shire Choral Society, directed by James Paul
Works by: Felix Mendelssohn; George Thalben-Ball; Herbert Howells
Alexandre Guilmant; Théodore Dubois; Brett McKern
Please join us at St Francis of Assisi, Paddington on Sunday 26 June at 2:30pm for the next organ recital in our 2022 series.
The soloist is Brett McKern, renowned organist and composer. His programme includes works from the Romantic German, English and French periods as well as one of his own compositions.
The guest artists are singers from the Sutherland Shire Choral Society, conducted by the choirmaster at St Vincent’s College, Potts Point, James Paul.
The recitals will continue on the fourth Sunday of each month up to and including November.
There is no charge for admission, but a note donation is requested.