12th Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Job 38:1, 8-11; 2 Cor 5:14-17; Mk 4:35-41 Who then is this whom even wind and sea obey?
- Introit: The Lord is the strength of his people, and the guardian of salvation for his Anointed. Save your people, O Lord, and bless your inheritance; be their guide forever.
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis in F (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Motet: Ave Verum Corpus* (Byrd)
- Communio: Circuibo, et immolabo in tabernaculo eius hostiam iubilationis: cantabo, et psalmum dicam Domino. I will go round, and offer up in His tabernacle a sacrifice of jubilation. I will sing, and recite a psalm to the Lord.
- Hymns: Lead us, Heavenly Father MANNHEIM, Eternal Father, strong to save MELITA
- Organ Prelude: Andante Cantabile – Josef F. Doppelbauer (1918-1989)
- Organ Voluntary: Praeludium une Fuge in ‘D’ – Diedrich Buxtehude (1637-1707)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Ave, verum corpus natum
de Maria Virgine:
vere passum, immolatum
in cruce pro homine:
cuius latus perforatum
unda fluxit sanguine:
esto nobis praegustatum,
in mortis examine.
O dulcis, O pie,
O Jesu Fili Mariae.
Miserere mei. Amen.
Hail the true body, born
of the Virgin Mary:
You who truly suffered and were sacrificed
on the cross for the sake of man.
From whose pierced flank
flowed water and blood:
Be a foretaste for us
in the trial of death.
O sweet, O merciful,
O Jesus, Son of Mary.
Have mercy on me. Amen.