33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Prv 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31; 1 Thes 5:1-6; Mt 25:14-30
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis in F (A. Gabrieli)
- Motet: Jesu dulcis memoria* (Victoria)
- Communio: Domine, quinque talenta tradidisti mihi: ecce alia quinque superlucratus sum. Euge serve fidelis quia in pauca fuisti fidelis, supra multa te constituam, intra in gaudium Domini tui. “Lord, you delivered five talents unto me; behold, I have gained five more.” – “Well done, good and faithful servant; because you have been faithful over a little, I will set you over much; enter into the joy of your Lord.”
- Hymns: I want to walk as a child of the light HOUSTON; Christ is the world’s redeemer MOVILLE
- Organ Prelude: Moderato – John Stanley (1712-1786)
- Organ Voluntary: Trumpet Tune – John Stanley (1712-1786)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Organist Emeritus: Edward Theodore
DoM: Noel Debien
Jesu dulcis memoria
dans vera cordi gaudia:
sed super mel et omnia
ejus dulcis praesentia.
Nil canitur suavius,
nil auditur jucundius,
nil cogitatur dulcius,
quam Jesus Dei Filius.
The sweet memory of Jesus,
Giving true joy to the heart:
But sweeter than honey and all things
Is His sweet presence.
Nothing more delightful is sung,
Nothing more pleasing heard,
Nothing sweeter is thought,
Than Jesus, the Son of God.