25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Is 55-6-9. 7-9; Phil 1.20-24,27; Mt 20.1-16
- Mass setting: Mass for Four Voices (Byrd)
- Motet: Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace* ( S.S. Wesley)
- Communio: (Gregorian. Ps. 118,4-5) Tu mandasti mandata tua custodiri nimis: utinam dirigantur viae meae, ad custodiendas iustificationes tuas You have ordered your commandments be kept diligently; O, that my ways may be guided towards the keeping of your statutes.
- Hymns: What does the Lord Require SHARPETHORNE; Just as I am SAFFRON WALDEN
- Organ Prelude: Cantilena – William Byrd (c.1540-1623)
- Organ Voluntary: Fugue in ‘g’ minor – Guillaume Lasceux (1740-1831)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Emeritus Organist: Edward Theodore
DoM: Noel Debien
*Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee. The darkness is no darkness with Thee, but the night is as clear as the day. The darkness and the light to Thee are both alike. God is light and with Him is no darkness at all. Oh let my soul live and it shall praise Thee. For Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory, for evermore.