23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Ez 33. 7-9; Rom 13.8-10; Mat 18.15-20
Note: during this Mass, a number of children will receive First Holy Communion. This has been reflected in the selection of music to accompany the liturgy.
- Mass setting: Mass Shalom (C.D. Smith)
- Offertory Motet: But the Lord is mindful of His own* – from St Paul (Mendelssohn)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Ps 75) Vovete, et reddite Domino Deo vestro, omnes qui in circuiti eius affertis munera: terrabili, et ei qui aufert spiritum principum: terribili apud omnes reges terrae Make vows to the Lord your God, and accomplish them, all you who gather around Him to present offerings; to the awesome God who takes away the life of princes; he is greatly feared by all the kings of the earth.
- Hymns: Blessed Jesus, at your word LIEBSTER JESU; Channel of Peace CHANNEL OF PEACE
- Organ Prelude: Vingt-quatre Invention No 19 -Marcel Dupré (1886-1971)
- Organ Voluntary: Preludio (Organ Sonata 3) – Alexandre Guilmant (1837-1911)
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Organist Emeritus: Edward Theodore
DoM: Noel Debien
*And He journeyed with companions towards Damascus,
And had authority and command from the High Priest
That He should bring them bound, men and women, unto Jerusalem
But the Lord is mindful of His own,
He remembers His children,
Bow down before Him, ye mighty,
The Lord is near us!
Yea, the Lord is mindful of His own,
He remembers His children.