16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Wis 12:13,16-19; Rom 8:26-27; Mt 13:24-43
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis (Palaestrina)
- Motet: Beati mundo corde* (W. Byrd)
- Communio: (Gregorian) Acceptabis sacrificium justitiae, oblationes et holocausta, super altare tuum, Domine Then you will be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with oblations and burnt offerings over your altar O Lord.
- Hymns: Lo, He comes with clouds descending HELMSLEY; Jesu, lover of my soul ABERYSTWYTH
- Organ Prelude: Aquarelle No. 2 – Frederick Delius (1862-1934)
- Organ Voluntary: Processional – William Mathias (1834-1992)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Organist Emeritus: Edward Theodore
DoM: Noel Debien
*Beati mundo corde quoniam ipsi Deum videbunt
beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur
beati qui persecutionem patiuntur propter iustitiam quoniam ipsorum est regnum caelorum.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.