5th Sunday of Easter (A) Year of Matthew
Acts 6:1-7; 1 Pt 2:4-9; Jn 14:1-12
- Mass setting: Mass for five voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet: We wait for thy loving-kindness O God* (McKie)
- Communio: Tanto tempore vobiscum sum et non cognovistis me? Philippe, qui videt me, videt et Patrem, alleluia. Non credis quia ego in Patre, et Pater in me est? Alleluia, alleluia. Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me? Philip, he who sees me, sees the Father. Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? Alleluia, alleluia.
- Hymns: Alleluia, sing to Jesus HYFRYDOL; Soul of my saviour ANIMA CHRISTI
- Organ Prelude: Inno ‘Iste Confessor’ – Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643)
- Organ Voluntary: Pastorale (Sonata 3) – Josef Rheinberger (1839-1901)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
DoM: Noel Debien
*We wait for thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple, Alleluia.
O God, according to thy name, so is thy praise unto the world’s end.
Thy right hand is full of righteousness, Alleluia.
We wait for thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
O Lord, send us now prosperity, Amen.