Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord (A) Year of Matthew
At the blessing of Palms: Mt 21.1-11,
At the mass of the day: Is 50.4-7; Phil 2.6-11; Mt 26.14-27.66
- Introit: Hosanna filio David Hosanna to the Son of David (plainsong)
- Mass setting: Missa Deus genitor alme
- Communio: Pater, si non potest hic calix transire Father, if this cup cannot pass away unless I drink it, thy will be done.
- Hymns: All glory, praise and honour ST THEODULPH; My song is love unknown LOVE UNKNOWN
- Organ Prelude: Hosanna filio David – Jeanne Demessieux (1921-1968)
- Organ Voluntary: Valet will ich dir geben (BWV 736) – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
DoM: Noel Debien
vestimenta prosternebant in via,
et clamabant dicentes:
Hosanna filio David:
benedictus qui venit
in nomine Domini.
The children of the Hebrews
spread in the way their clothes and garments,
and cried, saying,
Hosanna to the Son of David:
Blessed is he that cometh
in the name of the Lord!
**Hosanna to the Son of David.
Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Blessed be the King of Israel.
Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest places.
Hosanna in the highest heavens.