4th Sunday of Lent (A) Year of Matthew – Laetare Sunday
1 Sam 16:1,6-7,10-13; Eph 5:8-14; Jn 9:1-41
- Mass setting: Mass for Four voices (William Byrd);
- Motet: Cantate Domino* (Pitoni)
- Communio: Lutum fecit ex sputo Dominus, et linivit oculos meos, et abii, et lavi, et vidi, et credidi Deo. The Lord made some clay with his spittle, and he spread it over my eyes; and I went forth, I washed myself, I began to see, and I put my faith in God.
- Hymns: The king of love my shepherd is ST COLUMBA; Bread of the world in mercy broken RENDEZ A DIEU
- Organ Prelude: Cantilena – William Byrd (c.1540-1623)
- Organ Voluntary: Offertoire – Fernand de La Tombelle (1854-1928)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
DoM: Noel Debien
*Cantate Domino canticum novum;
laus ejus in ecclesia sanctorum.
Laetetur Israël in eo qui fecit eum,
et filii Sion exsultent in rege suo.
O praise ye the Lord, prepare your glad voice,
His praise in the great assembly to sing:
In our great creator let Israel rejoice;
And children of Sion be glad in their King.