2nd Sunday of Lent (A) Year of Matthew
Gen 12:1-4; 2 Tim 1:8-10; Mt 17:1-9 His face shone like the sun
- Mass setting: Missa Deus genitor alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Hail, gladdening light* (C. Wood)
- Communio: Visionem quam vidistis, nemini dixeritis, donec a mortuis resurgat Filius hominis. Tell no one about the vision you have seen until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.
- Hymns: Lent prose Attende Domine; Fairest Lord Jesus ST ELIZABETH
- Organ Prelude: Chorale Prelude on ‘Melcombe’ – C.H.H. Parry (1848-1918)
- Organ Voluntary: Voix humaine et Duo du 2e Ton – Lambert Chaumont (c.1630-1712)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
DoM: Noel Debien
*Hail! gladdening Light, of His pure glory poured
Who is th’immortal Father, heavenly, blest,
Holiest of Holies–Jesus Christ our Lord!
Now we are come to the Sun’s hour of rest;
The lights of evening round us shine;
We hymn the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit divine!
Worthiest art thou at all times to be sung
With undefiled tongue,
Son of our God, giver of life, alone:
Therefore in all the world thy glories, Lord, they own.