1st Sunday of Lent (A) Year of Matthew
Gen 2:7-9,3:1-7; Rom 5:12-19; Mt 4:1-11
- Mass setting: Missa Deus genitor alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Remember not, Lord, our offences* (Purcell)
- Communio: Scapulis suis obumbrabit tibi: The Lord will overshadow you with His shoulders, and under His wings you shall trust: His truth shall surround you with a shield.
- Hymns: Lent prose Attende Domine; Lead us, heavenly Father MANNHEIM
- Organ Prelude: Hymn Prelude for Lent (1978) – Dulcie Holland (1913-2000)
- Organ Voluntary: Preludio in ‘a’ [Bach Chorale] – Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
DoM: Noel Debien
*Remember not, Lord, our offences,
nor the offences of our forefathers;
neither take thou vengeance of our sins:
spare us, good Lord, spare thy people,
whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood,
and be not angry with us for ever.