2nd Sunday of Advent (A) Year of Matthew
Is 11:1-10; Rom 15:4-9; Mt 3:1-12
- Mass setting: Missa simplex
- Motet: This is the record of John* (Orlando Gibbons)
- Communio: Jerusalem surge, et sta in excelso, et vide jucunditatem quae veniet tibi a Deo tuo. Arise, 0 Jerusalem, and stand on high; and behold the joy that shall come to you from your God.
- Hymns: Advent prose (Rorate caeli); O come, o come Emmanuel VENI EMMANUEL
- Organ Prelude: Meditation ‘Conditor Alme’ – Alec Rowley (1892-1958)
- Organ Voluntary: Lobt Gott, ihr Christen, Allzugleich – Johann Walther (1684-1748)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*This is the record of John,
when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
Who art thou?
And he confessed and denied not, and said plainly,
I am not the Christ.
And they asked him, What art thou then? Art thou Elias?
And he said, I am not.
Art thou the prophet?
And he answered, No.
Then said they unto him,
What art thou? that we may give an answer unto them that sent us.
What sayest thou of thyself?
And he said, I am the voice of him that crieth in the wilderness,
Make straight the way of the Lord.