31st Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Wis 11:22-12.2; Thess 1:11-2.2; Lk 19.1-10 The Son of Man came to seek and to find that which was lost
- Mass setting: Mass Shalom (C.D. Smith)
- Offertory Motet: I will sing new songs to the Lord* (Dvořák)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Ps 15) Notas mihi fecisti vias vitae: adimplebis me laetititia cum vultu tuo, Domine You have made know unto me the ways of life; you will fill me with joy at the sight of your countenance O Lord.
- Hymns: Praise, my soul, the king of heaven PRAISE MY SOUL; King of glory, King of peace GWALCHMAI
- Organ Prelude: Placare Christe Servulus (Vingt cinq Versets) – Henri Nibelle (1883-1967)
- Organ Voluntary: Placare Christe Servulus (Le Tombeau de Titelouze) – Marcel Dupré (1886-1971)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*I will sing new songs of gladness, I will sing Jehovah’s praises upon a ten-string
psaltery. Ev’ry day will I extol Thee and will bless Thy Holy Name, I will bless Thy Holy
Name. Great is God and great His mercy. Who shall tell of all His greatness? Who shall
His pow’r declare? My song shall be of praise and honor, and of Thy glorious acts. Thy
works are wonderful, past our knowing. Yeah, men shall tell of Thy great kindness and
of Thy wond’rous might, and my voice shall proclaim aloud Thy Glory.