30th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Sirach 35:12-14, 16-19; 2 Tim 4:4-8, 16-18; Lk 18:9-14 The tax collector returned to his home justified, the pharisee did not
- Mass setting: Missa Orbis Factor (Victoria)
- Motet: Ubi caritas et amor* (Ola Gjeilo)
- Communio: (Gregorian, ps 19) Laetabimur in salutari tuo: et in nomini Domini Dei nostri magnificabimur We shall rejoice in your salvation; and in the name of the lord our God we shall place our pride
- Hymns: TIS 560(i) All my hope in God is founded MICHAEL; Only this I want ONLY THIS I WANT
- Organ Prelude: 3-part Prelude in ‘D’ – Władysław ŻELEŃSKI (1837-1921)
- Organ Voluntary: Allein Gott in der Hoh’ sei Ehr’ BWV 664 – J. S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Ubi caritas et amor, Deus ibi est.
Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor.
Exultemus, et in ipso iucundemur.
Timeamus, et amemus Deum vivum.
Et ex corde diligamus nos sincero.
Where there is charity and love, God is there.
Christ’s love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him.
Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart.