26th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Amos 6:1,4-7; Ps 145:6-10; 1 Tim 6:11-16; Lk 16:19-31 During your life good things came your way just as bad things came the way of Lazarus. Now he is being comforted while you are in agony.
- Mass setting: Mass for Four Voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet: A Clare Benediction* (J. Rutter)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Ps 118) Memento verbi tui servo tuo, Domine in quo mihi spem dedisti: haec me consolata est in humilitate mea Be mindful of your word to your servant, O Lord, in which you caused me to hope: this has been my comfort in my affliction
- Hymns: What does the Lord require SHARPETHORNE; Love divine, all loves excelling BLAENWERN
- Organ Prelude: Kyrie – Arvo Pärt (b. 1935)
- Organ Voluntary: Fantasia in ‘g’ minor – Johann Pachelbel (1653-1706)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*May the Lord show his mercy upon you;
May the light of his presence be your guide:
May he guard you and uphold you;
May his spirit be ever by your side.
When you sleep may his angels watch over you;
When you wake may he fill you with his grace:
May you love him and serve him all your days
Then in heaven may you see his face.
May the Lord’s loving kindness surround you;
Keep you safe as you journey on your way:
May he lead you and inspire you
As he grants you the gift of each new day.
May he bless all your loved ones and cherish them;
Ev’ry friend, ev’ry stranger at your door:
In the name of his Son our Saviour Christ
May God bless you now and evermore