23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Wis 9:13-18; Phil 9-10, 12-17; Lk 14:25-33 Whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple
- Mass setting: Missa Alme Pater (A. Millington)
- Motet: Teach me O Lord, the way of thy statutes* (Byrd)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Ps 75) Vovete, et reddite Domino Deo vestro, omnes qui in circuiti eius affertis munera: terrabili, et ei qui aufert spiritum principum: terribili apud omnes reges terrae Make vows to the Lord your God, and accomplish them, all you who gather around Him to present offerings; to the awesome God who takes away the life of princes; he is greatly feared by all the kings of the earth
- Hymns: Take up your cross O JESU CHRIST, MEINS LEBENS LICHT; My God accept my heart this day BELMONT
- Organ Prelude: Duo – Pierre Du Mage (1674-1751)
- Organ Voluntary: Fanfare – Eric Thiman (1900-1975)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes :
and I shall keep it unto the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law :
yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
Make me to go in the path of thy commandements :
for therein is my desire.
Incline my heart unto thy testimonies :
and not to covetousness.
O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity :
and quicken me in thy ways.
O stablish thy word in thy servant :
that I may fear thee.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Sun, and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, and is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.