19th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Wis 18:6-9; Heb 11:1-2,8-19; Lk 12:32-48 From the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked
- Mass setting: ‘Give us Peace’ Mass (R. Connolly)
- Motet: In illo tempore dixit Jesus* (Morales)
- Communio: Beatus servus quem cum venerit Dominus invenerit vigilantem: amen dico vobis, super omnia bona sua constituet eum. Blessed is that servant, whom when his lord shall come he shall find watchful: amen I say to you: he shall place him over all his goods.
- Hymns: Wake, awake WACHET AUF; How Great Thou Art O STORE GUT
- Organ Prelude: Invocation – Alphonse Mailly (1833-1918)
- Organ Voluntary: Postlude on theme of Gibbons (Song22) – Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*In illo tempore dixit Iesus discipulis suis:
‘Nolite timere pusillus grex,
quia complacuit patri vestro dare vobis regnum.
Vendite, quae possidetis,
et date elemosynam.
Facite vobis saculos qui non veterescunt,
thesaurus non deficiet vobis in caelis,
quem fur non appropriat, neque tinea corrumpit.
Ubi enim est thesaurus tuus,
ibi et cor tuam erit.’
At that time Jesus said to his disciples:
‘Do not be afraid, little flock,
for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Sell your possessions,
and give alms.
Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out,
an unfailing treasure in heaven,
where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
For where your treasure is,
there your heart will be also.’