15th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Deut 30:10-14; Ps 68:14,17,30-31,33-34,36-37; Col 1:15-20; Lk 10:25-37 Who is my neighbour?
- Mass setting: Mass Shalom (C.D. Smith)
- Offertory Motet: O Lord, whose Mercies numberless* (G.F. Handel)
- Communio: (Ps 83, Grgeorian ) Passer invenit sibi domum, et turtur nidum, ubi reponat pullos suos: altaria tua Domine virtutum, Rex meus, et deus meus: beati qui habitant in domo tua, in saeculum saeculi The sparrow has found herself a home, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young: at your altars O Lord of hosts, my King and my God! Blessed are they who dwell in your house, they shall praise you for ever and ever.
- Hymns: We sing the praise of him who died BOW BRICKHILL; My God, accept my heart this day BELMONT
- Organ Prelude: Praeludium No. 1 – Carl Piutti (1846-1902)
- Organ Voluntary: Prelude & Fugue in ‘c’ BWV 549 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*From Saul, hwv 53, Act I, Scene V (G.F. Handel)
O Lord, whose mercies numberless
O’er all thy works prevail:
Though daily man Thy law transgress,
Thy patience cannot fail.
If yet his sin be not too great,
The busy fiend control;
Yet longer for repentance wait,
And heal his wounded soul.