The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) (C) Year of Luke
Gen 14:18-20; 1 Cor 11:23-26; Lk 9:11-17 – They ate as much as they wanted
- Introit: Cibavit eos…He fed them with the finest of wheat, alleluia. And with honey from the rock he satisfied them, alleluia.
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina)
- Sequence: Taste and see the goodness of the Lord
- Motet: Tantum ergo (Duruflé)
- Communio: (Gregorian 1 Cor 11: 24-25) Hoc corpus quod pro vobis tradetur: hic calix novi testamenti est in meo sanguine, dicit Dominus: hoc facite, quotiescumque sumitus, in meam commemorationem: This is my body which is given up for you; this is the cup of the new covenant in my blood” says the Lord. “Each time you do this, do it in memory of me”.
- Hymns: Let all mortal flesh keep silence PICARDY; Sweet Sacrament divine DIVINUM MYSTERIUM
- Organ Prelude: Sacris Solemnis (Panis Angelicus) – Marcel Dupré (1886-1971)
- Organ Voluntary: Verbum Supernum (O Salutaris Hostia) – Marcel Dupré (1886-1971)
Organist: Bransby Byrne