Acts 2:1-11; Rom 8:8-17; Jn 14:15-16, 23-26
- Introit: (Gregorian, Wis 1.7, Ps 67) Spiritus Domini replevit orbem terrarum, alleuia, et hoc quod continet omnia, scientiam habet vocis, alleuia, alleuia… The spirit of the Lord has filled the whole world, alleluia, and that which contains all things, has knowledge of the voice, alleluia.
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis (Palestrina)
- Motet: Loquebantur variis linquis* (Palestrina)
- Sequence: Holy Spirit Lord of Light
- Communio: (Gregorian, Acts 2.2,4,11) Factus est repente de caelo sonus advenientis spiritus vehementis, ubi erant sedentes Alleluia, et repleti sunt omnes Spiritu Sancto loquentes magnalia Dei alleluia…. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind,wind coming where they were sitting, and all of them were filled with the Holy Spirit, speaking the wonderful works of God…
- Hymns: TIS 398 Come down O Love Divine DOWN AMPNEY; O breathe on me, breath of God ST COLUMBA
- Organ Prelude: Nun bitten wir den heiligen Geist – Diedrich Buxtehude (1637-1707)
- Organ Voluntary: Komm, heiliger Geist, Herre Gott (Fantasia) BWV 651 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Loquebantur variis linguis Apostoli magnalia Dei,
prout Spiritus Sanctus dabat eloqui illis, alleluia.
Repleti sunt omnes Spiritu Sancto, et coeperunt loqui.
The Apostles spoke in many languages of the great works of God,
as the Holy Spirit gave them the gift of speech, alleluia.
They were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak.