6th Sunday of Easter (C) Year of Luke (First Communion)
Note: during this Mass, a number of children will receive First Holy Communion. This has been reflected in the selection of music to accompany the liturgy.
Acts 15:1-2, 22-29; Apoc 21:10-14, 22-23; Jn 14.23-29 The Holy Spirit will remind you of all I have said to you
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina), Mass Shalom (Smith)
- Motet: Panis angelicus* (Franck)
- Communio: (Gregorian Jn 14.26): Spiritus Sanctus docebit vos, alleluia: quaecumque dixero vobis, alleluia. The Holy Spirit will teach you, alleluia; all the things that I have said to you, Alleluia.
- Hymns: I, the Lord of Sea and Sky HERE I AM, LORD; Lord Jesus, when you give yourself to me FIRST COMMUNION HYMN
- Organ Prelude: Prelude in ‘G’ – Michael Gotthard Fischer (1773-1829)
- Organ Voluntary: Jesus Christus, unser Heiland, der von uns BWV 666 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
fit panis hominum;
Dat panis cœlicus
O res mirabilis!
servus et humilis.
The bread of angels
Becomes bread for humankind;
This heavenly bread gives
an end to all forms.
Oh, wonderful fact!
The Lord feeds the poor,
The slave, the lowly.