5th Sunday of Easter (C) Year of Luke
Acts 14:21-27; Apoc 21:1-5; Jn 13:31-35 I give you a new commandment: love one another
- Mass setting: Mass for Four Voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet: Behold the tabernacle of God* (Harris)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Jn 15.5) Ego sum vitis vera et vos palmites, qui manet in me, et ego in eo, hic fert fructum, alleluia…I am the true vine and you are the branches; those who abide in me and I in them, they shall bear much fruit, alleluia…
- Hymns: Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour BRYN CALFARIA; Where there is charity and love JEREMY
- Organ Prelude: Preludio – Joaquin Turina (1882-1949)
- Organ Voluntary: Improvisation on ‘Alleluia, Pascha Nostra’ – Everett Titcomb (1884-1968)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Behold, the tabernacle of God is with you,
and the Spirit God dwelleth within you.
For the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
For the love of whom ye do this day celebrate the joys of the temple
with a season of festivity. Alleluia.