3rd Sunday of Easter (C) Year of Luke
Acts 5:27-32, 40-41; Ps 29:2, 4-6, 11-13; Apoc 5:11-14; Jn 21:1-19 Jesus stepped forward, took the bread and gave it to them, and the same with the fish
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina)
- Motet: If ye love me* (Tallis)
- Hymns: CWB 804 Shepherd of souls NEUMARK; TIS 437 Blessed Jesus, at your word LIEBSTER JESU
- Communio: (Gregorian, Jn 21.15, 17) Simon Ioannis, diligas me plus his? Domine, tu omnia nosti: tu scis, Domine, quia amo te alleluia.“Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? ” Lord, You know all things, You know O Lord that I love You, alleluia”
- Organ Prelude: Ad caenam Agni providi Verse 1- Jehan Titelouze (1563-1633)
- Organ Voluntary: Alleluia – Theodore Dubois (1837-1924)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*If ye love me (John 14: 15-17, Thomas Tallis)
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
And I will pray the Father,
And he shall give you another comforter,
That he may ‘bide with you forever;
E’en the spirit of truth.