5th Sunday of Lent (C) Year of Luke
Ezek 37:12-14; Rom 8:8-11; Jn 11:1-45 I am the resurrection and the life
(readings from Year A)
- Mass setting: Missa Deus Genitor Alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake* (Farrant)
- Communio: Videns Dominus flentes sorores Lazari ad monumentum…When the Lord saw the sisters of Lazarus in tears near the tomb, he wept in the presence of the Jews and cried: “Lazarus, come forth.” And out he came, hands and feet bound, the man who had been dead for four days.
- Hymns: Attende Domine (chant); TIS 342 When I survey the wondrous cross ROCKINGHAM
- Organ Prelude: Chorale Prelude on ‘Horsley’ – Healey Willan (1880-1964)
- Organ Voluntary: Erbarm’ dich mein, o Herre Gott BWV 721 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake lay not our sins to our charge,
but forgive that is past, and give us grace to amend our sinful lives:
to decline from sin and incline to virtue,
that we may walk in a perfect heart, before thee now and evermore.