4th Sunday of Lent LAETARE (C) Year of Luke
Josh 5:9-12; Ps 33(34):2-7; 2 Cor 5:17-21; Lk 15:1-3, 11-32 Your brother here was dead and has come to life
- Mass setting: Mass VIII (de Angelis)
- Introit: Laetare Jerusalem – Rejoice, Jerusalem!
- Motet: If we believe that Jesus died* (John Goss)
- Communio: Oportet te fili gaudere – My son, you should rejoice
- Hymns: TIS 613 Lord of all hopefulness SLANE; TIS 512 Bread of the world RENDEZ A DIEU
- Organ Prelude: Prelude to Introit for Laetare – Charles Tournemire (1870-1939)
- Organ Voluntary: Prélude – Andante con moto – Paul de Maleingreau (1887-1956)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*If we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.