33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Dan 12:1-3; Heb 10:11-14,18; Mk 13:24-32 He shall gather his elect from the four winds
- Introit: The Lord says: “I am pondering thoughts of peace and not of affliction; you shall call upon me, and I will hear you; and I will bring you back from all the lands where you are held captive.”
- Mass setting: Roman Missal
- Offertory Motet: O rest in the Lord* (from Elijah) (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Communio: Amen Dico Vobis: Amen I say to you, whatever you ask in your prayers, believe that you shall receive it, and it shall be granted unto you
- Organ Prelude: Les Cloches – Jules Grison (1842-1896)
- Organ Voluntary: Elegy – Healey Willan (1880-1964)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*O rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him,
And He shall give thee thy heart’s desires.
Commit thy way to Him, and trust in Him,
And fret not thyself because of evil doers.
O rest in the Lord, and wait, wait patiently for Him.
Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847), from Psalm 37