The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) (B) Year of Mark;
Note: during this Mass, a number of children will receive First Holy Communion. This has been reflected in the selection of music to accompany the liturgy.
Ex 24:3-8; Heb 9:11-15; Mk 14:12-16, 22-26
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera (Palestrina)
- Sequence: Lo the Angels’ food is given
- Motet: Panis Angelicus* (Franck)
- Communio: (Jn 6.57) Qui manducat carnem meam, et bibit sanguinem meum, in me manet, et ego in eo dicit Dominus Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in them says the Lord.
- Hymns: Here I am, Lord HERE I AM, LORD; I am the bread of life BREAD OF LIFE
- Organ Prelude: Pange lingua Op. 45 – Marcel Dupré (1899-1971)
- Organ Voluntary: Improvisation on ‘Cibavit Eos’ – Everett Titcomb (1884-1968)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
fit panis hominum;
Dat panis cœlicus
O res mirabilis!
servus et humilis.
The bread of angels
Becomes bread for humankind;
This heavenly bread gives
an end to all forms.
Oh, wonderful fact!
The Lord feeds the poor,
The slave, the lowly.