Acts 2:1-11; Gal 5:16-25; Jn 15:26-27, 16:12-15
- Introit: (Gregorian, Wis 1.7, Ps 67) Spiritus Domini replevit orbem terrarum, alleuia, et hoc quod continet omnia, scientiam habet vocis, alleuia, alleuia…The spirit of the Lord has filled the whole world, alleluia, and that which contains all things, knows every language spoken by people, alleluia.
- Mass setting: Missa O quam gloriosum (Victoria)
- Sequence: Holy Spirit, Lord of Light
- Motet: Dum complerentur* (Palaestrina)
- Communio: (Gregorian) Factus est repente de caelo sonus advenientis spiritus vehementis, ubi erant sedentes, alleluia: et repleti sunt omnes Spiritu Sancto, loquentes magnalia Dei, alleluia The sound of rushing wind came suddenly from heaven where they were sitting: Alleluia! And they were filled with the Holy Spirit, speaking all the great wonders of God: Alleluia!
- Hymns: Come Down, O Love Divine DOWN AMPNEY; O thou who camest from above HEREFORD
- Organ Prelude: Veni Creator Spiritus Verse 1 – Jehan Titelouze (1563-1633)
- Organ Voluntary: Komm, heiliger Geist, Herre Gott – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Dum complerentur dies Pentecostes,
erant omnes pariter dicentes, Alleluia:
et subito factus est sonus de coelo, Alleluia,
tamquam spiritus vehementis,
et replevit totam domum, Alleluia.
When the day of Pentecost had come
they were all together talking, Alleluia:
and suddenly there was a sound from heaven, Alleluia, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house, Alleluia.
And please join us in the afternoon for the next in our organ recital series
Cathedral of the Madeleine, Salt Lake City, accompanied by:
The Choir of St Francis, Paddington, directed by Noel Debien