Is 50:4-7; Phil 2:6-11; Mk 14:1-15:47
- Antiphon: Hosanna to the son of David: blessed is he who comes in the Lord’s name. King of Israel: Hosanna in the highest.
- Motet: (during the blessing of palms) Pueri Hebraeorum* (Victoria)
- Mass setting: Missa Deus Genitor alme (Gregorian mass XVIII)
- Communio: (Mt 26.42) Pater, si non potest hic calix transire Father, if this cup cannot pass away unless I drink it, your will be done
- Hymns: All glory, praise and honour ST THEODULPH; Vexilla Regis The Royal Banners (plainsong)
- Motet: Hosanna to the Son of David** (Gibbons)
- Organ Prelude: Epilogue on ‘St Theodulph’ – Healy Willan (1880-1964)
- Organ Voluntary: Fantasia ‘Valet will ich dir geben’ BWV 736 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Pueri Hebraeorum vestimenta
prosternebant in via
et clamabant dicentes:
Hosanna Filio David,
benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini.
The Hebrew children
spread their garments in the street,
and cried out, saying:
Hosanna to the Son of David:
blessed is He that comes
in the Name of the Lord.
**Hosanna to the Son of David.
Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Blessed be the King of Israel.
Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest places.
Hosanna in the highest heavens.