3rd Sunday of Lent (B) Year of Mark
Ex 20:1-17, 1 Cor 1:22-25, Jn 2:13-25 Destroy this sanctuary, and in three days I will raise it up
- Mass setting: Missa Deus genitor alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake* (Farrant)
- Hymns: Attende Domine (Lent Prose); May this Lenten Discipline LINDFIELD
- Communio: (Gregorian) Passer invenit sibi domum, et turtur nidum, ubi reponat pullos suos: altaria tua Domine virtutum, Rex meus, et Deus meus: beati qui habitant in domo tua, in saeculum saeculi laudabunt te The sparrow has found her a house and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young; close to the side of your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God. Happy are they who dwell in your house! They will always be praising you.
- Organ Prelude: O Lord, hear my supplication – Johann Walther (1684-1748)
- Organ Voluntary: Sarabande from Cello Suite in ‘D’ – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake lay not our sins to our charge,
but forgive that is past, and give us grace to amend our sinful lives:
to decline from sin and incline to virtue,
that we may walk in a perfect heart, before thee now and evermore.