17th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
1 Kg 3:5, 7-12; Rom 8:28-30; Mt 13:44-52 The Kingdom of heaven
- Introit: God is in His holy dwelling place; the God who causes us to dwell together, one at heart, in His house; He Himself will give power and strength to His people.
- Mass setting: Mass in F (H. Sumsion)
- Motet: Behold the tabernacle of God* (Harris)
- Communio: Simile est regnum caelorum homini negatiotori, quaerenti bonas margaritas: inventa una pretiosa margarita, dedit omnia sua et comparavit eam. The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking precious pearls. When he had found one pearl of great price, he sold all he had, and made it his own.
- Organ Prelude: Dialogue sur la Voix humaine – François Couperin (1668–1733)
- Organ Voluntary: Sonata No 1 (4th mvt) – Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (1809-1847)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Behold, the tabernacle of God is with you,
and the Spirit God dwelleth within you.
For the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
For the love of whom ye do this day celebrate the joys of the temple
with a season of festivity. Alleluia.