6th Sunday in Ordinary Time (A) Year of Matthew
Sir 15:15-20; 1 Cor 2:6-10; Mt 5:17-37
- Mass setting: Mass in A (Harold Darke)
- Motet: Os justi* (Bruckner)
- Communio: (Gregorian, ps 77) Manducaverunt et saturati sunt nimis, et desiderium eorum attulit eis Dominus: non sunt fraudati a desiderio suo. They ate and were fully satisfied; the Lord gave them all that they desired; they were not deprived of their wants
- Hymns: TIS 102 Praise to the living God LEONI; TIS 641 This is my will, my one command SUANTRAI
- Organ Prelude: Prelude in ‘d’ BWV 539 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude in ‘D’ – Philip Moore (b. 1943)
- Organ Voluntary: Fugue in ‘d’ BWV 539 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Os justi meditabitur sapientiam: et lingua ejus loquetur judicium. Lex Dei ejus in corde ipsius: et non supplantabuntur gressus ejus. Alleluia.
The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and their tongue speaks what is just.
The law of their God is in their heart: and their feet do not falter. Alleluia.