The Presentation of the Lord (Candlemas)
Malachi 3:1-4; Heb 2:14-18; Lk 2:22-40 My eyes have seen your saving power
- Mass setting: Missa aeterna Christi munera (Palestrina)
- Motet: We wait for thy loving kindness, O God* (McKie)
- Communio: Responsum accepit Simeon a Spiritu Sancto non visurum se mortem nisi videret Christum Domini. It was revealed to Simeon by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death before he first saw Christ the Lord.
- Hymns: In his temple now behold him PRAISE MY SOUL; TIS 497 Let all mortal flesh be silent PICARDY
- Organ Prelude: Prelude – Kyrie (Orbis Factor) – Feliks Nowowiekski (1877-1946)
- Organ Offertorium: Air – Henry Purcell (1659-1695)
- Organ Voluntary: Trio in ‘a’ – Johann L. Krebs (1713-1780)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*We wait for thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple, Alleluia.
O God, according to thy name, so is thy praise unto the world’s end.
Thy right hand is full of righteousness, Alleluia.
We wait for thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
O Lord, send us now prosperity, Amen.