28th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
2 Kgs 5:14-17, 2 Tm 2:8-13, Lk 17:11-19 It seems that no one returned to give thanks to God except this foreigner
- Mass setting: Mass Shalom
- Offertory Motet: I will sing a new song unto Thee* (Dvorak)
- Communio: Aufer a me opprobrium et contemptum, quia mandata tua exquisivi, Domine: nam et testimonia tua meditatio mea est. Remove from me all scorn and contempt, for I have kept your commandments; for your law is the object of my meditation.
- Hymns: TIS 569 Guide me O though Great Redeemer CWM RHONDA; TIS 134 Praise my soul the king of heaven PRAISE MY SOUL
- Organ Prelude: Schmücke dich, O liebe Seele BWV 654 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Organ Offertorium: Prelude in ‘G’ – Johann Rinck (1770-1846)
- Organ Voluntary: Marche Triomphale – Jacques Lemmens (1823-1881)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*I will sing a new song unto Thee, O my God
And on a lute sing praises unto Thee.
Every day will I give thanks to Thee for thy mercies
And magnify Thy holy name for ever and ever
God the Lord is great and marvellous, worthy to be praised
And His greatness is far beyond our understanding.
My tongue shall sing Thy glory, the honour of Thy name.
Yeah of Thy works most wonderful I will be telling.
And all men shall declare Thy power and the might of thy marvellous acts,
And I, also I will proclaim Thee Lord of all!