22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Sir 3:17-20, 28-29; Heb 12:18-19, 22-24; Lk 14:1, 7-14 All who exalt themselves will be humbled and all who humble themselves will be exalted
- Mass setting: Missa Alme Pater (A. Millington)
- Motet: Os justi* (Bruckner)
- Communio: (Gregorian Ps 70:16-18) Domine, memorabor iustitiae tuae solius: Deus, docuisti me a iuventute mea, et usque in senectam et senium, Deus, ne derelinquas me O Lord, be mindful of your justice alone; you have taught me, O God, from my youth; and so, unto old age and grey hairs. O God, forsake me not.
- Hymns: Come to Me all ye who labour MISNEACH; TIS 288 Not the powerful PEDIGREE
- Organ Prelude: Ricercare – Adriano Banchieri (1568-1634)
- Organ Offertorium: Prelude in ‘c’ minor – Johann Albrechtsberger (1736-1809)
- Organ Voluntary: Tuba Tune (1978) – Dulcie Holland (1913-2000)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Os justi meditabitur sapientiam: et lingua ejus loquetur judicium. Lex Dei ejus in corde ipsius: et non supplantabuntur gressus ejus. Alleluia.
The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, and their tongue speaks what is just.
The law of their God is in their heart: and their feet do not falter. Alleluia.