13th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
1 Kg 19:16, 19-21; Gal 5:1, 13-18; Lk 9:51-62 I will follow you wherever you will go
- Mass setting: Mass Shalom (C.D. Smith)
- Motet: Psalm 118: You are my shelter, my shield (A. Dvořák)
- Communio: (Gregorian, PS 30) Inclina aurem tuam, accelera ut eruas nos Lend your ear and make haste to help us
- Hymns: TIS 598 Dear Father, Lord of humankind REPTON; TIS 641 This is my will, my one command SUANTRAI
- Organ Prelude: Prelude in ‘Eb’- Władyslaw Żeleński – (1837-1921)
- Organ Offertorium: Cuerto Tono – Anonymous (Portuguese)
- Organ Voluntary: Trumpet Voluntary – John Bennett (1735-1784
Organist: Bransby Byrne
Cantor: Nicole Smeulders
*Sacred song (from Psalm 118, vv. 114-117 & 120), composed by Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904)
You are my shelter, my shield; I hope in your word.
Leave me, you who do evil; I will keep God’s command.
If you uphold me by your promise I shall live; let my hopes not be in vain.
Sustain me and I shall be saved and ever observe your statutes.
I tremble before you in terror; I fear your decrees.