5th Sunday of Easter (C) Year of Luke
Acts 14:21-27; Apoc 21:1-5; Jn 13:31-35 I give you a new commandment: love one another
- Mass setting: Mass for five voices (W. Byrd)
- Motet: Behold, the tabernacle of God* (Harris)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Jn 15.5) Ego sum vitis vera et vos palmites, qui manet in me, et ego in eo, hic fert fructum, alleluia…I am the true vine and you are the branches; those who abide in me and I in them, they shall bear much fruit, alleluia…
- Hymns: TIS 408 Love divine, all loves excelling BLAENWERN, TIS 520 Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour BRYN CALFARIA (611)
- Organ Prelude: Trio en Passacaille – André Raison (1645-1719)
- Organ Offertorium: Orbis factor (Au temps Pascal) – Paul de Maleingreau (1887-1956)
- Organ Voluntary: Fantasia in ‘G’ BWV 572 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men,
and the Spirit of God dwelleth within you.
For the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
For the love of whom ye do this day
celebrate the joys of the temple
with a season of festivity. Alleluia.