3rd Sunday of Easter (C) Year of Luke
Acts 5:27-32, 40-41; Apoc 5:11-14; Jn 21:1-19 Jesus stepped forward, took the bread and gave it to them, and the same with the fish
- Mass setting: Missa Aeterna Christi Munera – The eternal gifts of Christ
- Motet: Greater love hath no man* (Ireland)
- Hymns: CWB 804 Shepherd of souls NEUMARK; TIS 437 Blessed Jesus, at your word LIEBSTER JESU
- Communio: (Gregorian, Jn 21.15, 17) Simon Ioannis, diligis me plus his? Domine, tu omnia nosti: tu scis, Domine, quia amo te alleluia.“Simon son of John, do you love me more than these? ” Lord, You know all things, You know O Lord that I love You, alleluia”
- Organ Prelude: Communion in ‘F’ – Albert Renaud (1855-1924)
- Organ Offertorium: Deus sempiterne (Au temps Pascal) – Paul de Maleingreau (1887-1956)
- Organ Voluntary: Grand-Jeu – Jean Guilain (c. 1680-after 1739)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Greater love hath no man
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.
Love is strong as death.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,
That we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness.
Ye are washed, ye are sanctified, ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation;
That ye should show forth the praises of him who hath call’d you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
I beseech you brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies, a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto to God, which is your reasonable service.