5th Sunday of Lent (C) Year of Luke
Is 43:16-21; Phil 3:8-14; Jn 8:1-11 If there is one of you who has not sinned, then let them be the first one to throw a stone
- Mass setting: Missa Deus Genitor Alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake* (Farrant)
- Communio: Nemo te condemnavit, mulier? Woman, has no one condemned you?
- Hymns: Attende Domine (chant); TIS 347 We sing the praise of him who died BOW BRICKHILL
- Organ Prelude: Chorale Prelude on ‘Rockingham’ – Charles H.H. Parry (1848-1918)
- Organ Voluntary: Ebarm’ dich mein, o Herre Gott BWV 721 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Lord, for thy tender mercy’s sake lay not our sins to our charge,
but forgive that is past, and give us grace to amend our sinful lives:
to decline from sin and incline to virtue,
that we may walk in a perfect heart, before thee now and evermore.