3rd Sunday of Lent (C) Year of Luke
Ex.3:1-8, 13-15; 1 Cor 10:1-6, 10-12; Lk 13:1-9 Unless you repent, you will all perish as they did
- Mass setting: Missa Deus Genitor Alme
- Motet: Plange quasi Virgo (Carlo Gesualdo 1566-1613)
- Communio: Passer invenit sibi domum – The sparrow has found herself a home
- Hymns: Attende Domine (chant); TIS 585 I heard the voice of Jesus say KINGSFOLD
- Organ Prelude: ‘Our Father’ – Garth Edmundson (1900-1971)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude on ‘O Sacred Head’ – Carl Heinrich Zöllner (1792-1836)
- Organ Voluntary: Plein Chant de l’Agnus Dei (Mass for the Parishes) – François Couperin (1668-1733)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Plange quasi virgo plebs mea: ululate, pastores, in cinere et cilicio: Quia veniet dies Domini magna, et amara valde. Accingite vos, sacerdotes, et plangite ministri altaris, aspergite vos cinere.
Lament like a maiden, my people. Howl you shepherds, in ashes and sackcloth. For the day of the Lord is coming: a great day, and very bitter. Make ready, and lament you priests. Howl, you ministers of the altar, cover yourselves with ashes.