2nd Sunday of Lent (C) Year of Luke
Gen 15:5-12, 17-18; Phil 3:17- 4:1; Lk 9:28-36 As Jesus prayed, the aspect of his face changed
- Mass setting: Missa Deus Genitor Alme (Gregorian)
- Motet: Meditabor in mandatis tuis* (Palaestrina)
- Communio: Visionem quam vidistis – Tell no one about the vision you have seen
- Hymns: Attende Domine (chant); TIS 125 The God of Abraham Praise LEONI
- Organ Prelude: ‘Deck thyself my soul’ – Peter Hurford (1930-2019**)
- Organ Offertorium: Verse on the 1st tone – Giovanni Maris Trabaci (c. 1575-1647)
- Organ Voluntary: Ave Verum – Everett Titcomb (1884-1968)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Meditabor in mandatis tuis, quae dilexi valde:
et levabo manus meas ad mandata tua, quae dilexi.
My delight shall be in your commandments, which I have loved exceedingly: and I will lift up my hands to your commandments, which I have loved.
**Peter Hurford was also a well-known and accomplished organist. He was born on St Cecilia’s day in 1930 and recently passed away. Vale.