6th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C) Year of Luke
Jer 17:5-8; 1 Cor 15:12, 16-20; Lk 6:17, 20-26
- Mass setting: Mass in A (H. Darke)
- Motets: The Lord bless you and keep you* (Rutter); Sicut cervus** (Palaestrina)
- Communio: (Ps 77.29-30) Manducaverunt et saturati sunt nimis, et desiderium eorum attulit eis Dominus: non sunt fraudati a desiderio suo. They ate and were fully satisfied; the Lord gave them all that they desired; they were not deprived of their wants.
- Hymns: TIS 416 Great God, your Spirit like the wind JERUSALEM; TIS 160 Father all loving and ruling in majesty WAS LEBET; TIS 386 By your kingly power, O risen Lord RUGGIERO
- Organ Prelude: Berceuse – Cesar Franck (1822-1890)
- Organ Offertorium: Communion – Charles Tournemire (1870-1939)
- Organ Voluntary: Postlude – Louis Vierne (1870-1937)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you,
And be gracious unto you.
The Lord lift up the light of His countenance upon you,
And give you peace,
** Sicut cervus desiderat ad fontes aquarum, ita desiderat anima mea ad te, Deus
As the deer longs for running streams, so my soul longs for you, O God.