The Nativity of the Lord: Mass of Christmas Day
Is 52:7-10; Heb 1:1-6; Jn 1:1-18 And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory
- Introit: (Gregorian) Puer natus est nobis, et filius datus est nobis, cujus imperium super humerum ejus et vocabitur nomen ejus, magni consilii Angelus. A child is born to us, and a Son is given to us: Whose government is upon His shoulder: and His Name shall be called, the Angel of Great Counsel.
- Mass setting: Coronation Mass (Mozart)
- Motet: Salve Puerule (Charpentier)
- Communio: Viderunt omnes fines terrae salutare Dei nostri. All the ends of the world have seen the salvation of our God.
- Hymns and Carols: Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Away in a manger, O Come All Ye Faithful
- Organ Prelude: Cradle Song – Herbert Sumsion (1899-1995)
- Organ Offertorium: Noël “Chantons je vous prie” – Nicolas le Bègue (1630-1702)
- Organ Voluntary: In Dulci Jubilo BWV 729 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne