4th Sunday of Advent (C) Year of Luke
Mic 5:1-4; Heb 10:5-10: Lk 1.39-44 – Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord?
- Mass setting: Missa orbis factor (Victoria)
- Motet: O radiant dawn (J. MacMillan)
- Communio: Ecce virgo concipiet et pariet filium et vocabitur nomen eius Emmanuel. Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel.
- Hymns: Of the Father’s Heart Begotten (Willcocks); Lo He comes with clouds descending HELMSLEY
- Organ Prelude: Vom Himmel hoch, da komm’ ich her BWV 606 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
- Organ Voluntary: Toccata “Vom Himmel hoch” – Garth Edmundson (1900-1971)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*O Radiant Dawn – James MacMillan b. 1959
O Radiant Dawn, Splendour of eternal Light, Sun of Justice: come. Shine on those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death.
Isaiah had prophesied, ‘The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light: Upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone.’ Amen.