31st Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Deut 6:2-6; Heb 7:23-28; Mk 12:28-34 The Greatest Commandment
- Mass setting: Mass in A (H. Darke)
- Motet: Greater Love hath no man* (Ireland)
- Communio: Gregorian, Ps 15) Notas mihi fecisti vias vitae: adimplebis me laetitia cum vultu tuo, Domine You have made know unto me the ways of life; you will fill me with joy at the sight of your countenance O Lord.
- Hymns: TIS 217 Love Divine all loves excelling HYFRYDOL; TIS 641 This is my will, my one command SUANTRAI
- Organ Prelude: Prière – Eric Satie (1866-1925)
- Organ Offertorium: Antienne du 1er mode – Vincent d’ Indy (1851-1931)
- Organ Voluntary: Placare Christe Servulus – Marcel Dupre (1886-1971)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it. Love is strong as death.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree,
That we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness.
Ye are washed, ye are sanctified, ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation;
That ye should show forth the praises of him who hath call’d you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
I beseech you brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies, a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto to God, which is your reasonable service.