29th Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Is 53:10-11; Heb 4:14-16; Mk 10:35-45 Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant
- Mass setting: Missa Alme Pater (Andrew Millington)
- Motet: Meditabor in mandatis tuis (Palaestrina)
- Communio: (Gregorian, Ps 8) Domine Dominus noster, quam admirabile est nomen tuum in universa terra O Lord our governor, how admirable is your name in all the earth
- Hymns: TIS 347 We sing the praise of him who died BOW BRICKHILL; Sweet Sacrament Divine DIVINUM MYSTERIUM
- Organ Prelude: Prelude in ‘a’ – Gustav Merkel (1827-1885)
- Organ Offertorium: Récit de Nazard (1681/2-1738)
- Organ Voluntary: Cornet Voluntary in ‘G’ Henry Heron (c.1730-c.1795)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*Meditabor in mandatis tuis, quae dilexi valde:
et levabo manus meas ad mandata tua, quae dilexi.
My delight shall be in your commandments, which I have loved exceedingly: and I will lift up my hands to your commandments, which I have loved.