24th Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Is 50:5-9; James 2:14-18; Mk 8:27-35 You are the Christ. The Son of man is destined to suffer grievously
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis in F (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Motet: I was glad* (C.H.H. Parry)
- Communio: (Matt. 6:24) Qui vult venire post me, abneget semetipsum, et tollat crucem suam, et sequatar me. If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
- Hymns: TIS 59 All people that on earth do dwell OLD 100TH; Jesus my Lord, my God my all EUCHARIST
- Organ Prelude: Musette (from Organ Concerto) – G.F. Handel (1685-1759)
- Organ Offertorium: Interlude in ‘A’ – Alan Ridout (1934-1996)
- Organ Voluntary: Fugue in ‘D’ BWV 532 – J.S. Bach (1685-1750)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*I was glad when they said unto me: We will go into the house of the Lord.
Our feet shall stand in thy gates: O Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is built as a city: that is at unity in itself.
O pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Peace be within thy walls: and plenteousness within thy palaces.