16th Sunday in Ordinary Time (B) Year of Mark
Jer 23:1-6; Eph 2:13-18; Mk 6:30-34 (sheep without a shepherd)
- Mass setting: Missa Brevis (Palestrina)
- Motet: The Lord is My Shepherd* (Goodall)
- Communio: (ps 50.21) Acceptabis sacrificium iustititiae, oblationes et holocausta, super altare tuum, Domine You shall accept the sacrifice of justice, oblations and burnt offerings upon your altar Lord.
- Hymns: Shepherd of Souls NEUMARK; TIS 495 Father, we give you thanks SPRITUS VITAE
- Organ Prelude: Diapason Movement – William Goodwin (d. 1784)
- Organ Offertorium: In nomine – Richard Allwood (16th century)
- Organ Voluntary: Final (from Four Pieces) – Flor Peeters (1903-1986)
Organist: Bransby Byrne
*The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want,
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures,
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil,
For you are with me, you will comfort me.
Surely goodness and mercy,
shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.