Mass of Easter Day
Acts 10.34,37-43; Col 3.1-4; Jn 20.1-9
- Introit: Resurrexi, et adhuc tecum sum…/ I am risen, and I am always with you, alleluia; you have placed your hand upon me, alleluia; your wisdom has been shown to be most wonderful, alleluia, alleluia. O Lord, you have searched me and known me; you know when I sit down and when I rise up.
- Mass setting: Missa in Angustiis (‘Nelson’, Haydn)
- Motets: I saw water (John Ross); Laudate Dominum (Mozart)
- Communio: Pascha nostrum immolatus est Christus, alleluia: itaque epulemur in azymis sinceritatis et veritatis… Christ, our paschal Lamb has been sacrificed for us, alleuia; therefore , let us keep the feast by sharing the unleavened bread of uprightness and truth, alleluia.
- Hymns: Bring, all ye dear-bought nations (Victimae paschali laudes) LASST UNS ERFREUEN; Lord enthroned in heavenly splendour BRYN CALFARIA
- Solemn dismissal with double Alleluia
- Organ Prelude: Fantasy on “Easter Hymn” – William Harris (1883-1973)
- Organ Offertorium: Trio in ‘D’ – Friedrich Schneider (1786-1853)
- Organ Voluntary: Grand Choeur – Theodore Dubois (1837-1924)
Organist: Bransby Byrne